Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chia Banana Bread

Let me introduce you to my latest obsession: 


I absolutely love Chia seeds. They are so rich in fibre, protein and omega-3. You can easily add chia seeds to your diet; I sprinkle them over pancakes, blend them into my smoothie, or just enjoy them on my banana. A friend introduced me to this little superfood seeds and I can't have enough of them.

Banana bread with chia seeds is also a great way to sneak some superfood into your diet. This is such an easy recipe for banana bread, and it also contains chocolate!
Recipe adapted from here.





You need:

1/2 cup chia gel (1/2 cup water with 1 table spoon chia seeds; soaked for 30 minutes)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tea spoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tea spoon baking soda
2 table spoons chocolate chips (or more, if you wish :)

Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the chia gel into a small bowl and mix it up with an immersion blender. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas. Mix until well combined. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix until just combined (with a fork or spatula). Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!