Saturday, July 14, 2012

Puffy Pillows




That's probably the easiest cookie recipe I have ever made. They're perfect when you have a full house and little time to make something sweet to fulfil your guests' cravings. Anyone can make these sweet delights, no baking skills required! Just 10 minutes prep time and another 15 for baking.

You need:
1 package puff pastry sheets
Jam (I used my homemade apricot jam, try Nutella or any jam of your choice)

Roll out the puff pastry and cut it in little squares. If you want the pillows really small, cut smaller squares, but make sure they're not super tiny or you'll have serious problems folding them.



Put one tea spoon jam in the middle of each square and brush some water on the edges. Now fold them so you get a pillow. 


Make a little hole using a knife on the pillow's highest point; this prevents the jam from coming out during baking. 



Place the pillows on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on 200°C. Leave to cool for a few minutes and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.



6 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm hosting My Sweet party and I would love you to join! Check it out at http://meandmysweets.blogspot.se/2012/07/my-sweet-party-july-my-favourite-pie.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invitation Johanna! As soon as I'm making something pie-like I'll post it on your site and join the party.
      Have a nice day.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to let you know I'm a new follower! Can't wait to see what you'll whip up next.
    Linda Nortje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank's a lot. From now on I'm on Pinterest and I just started following you.

      Delete

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!