Monday, December 3, 2012

Cinnamon Wreath Bread

December is here! This means the Christmas baking has started. I love December because it officially opens the baking season in our house. The number one spice I think of when talking about Christmas is cinnamon. I just love the scent of it, it makes me feel like home and reminds me of the warm feeling I get around Christmas. So I baked this Cinnamon Wreath Bread I saw on Pinterest.



I tried to do the cinnamon challenge with my sis as well, but the house was clean and we didn't want to spill cinnamon all over. But I will try to convince someone to do it on Christmas eve.
When I first saw the picture of this wreath I was like oh my, it looks great. But then I was like wait a minute, can I do that?? And I did! I have to say this is a wonderful recipe. The dough is super responsive, easy to roll out, and the rest is easy peasy as well. You just have to follow the instructions precisely and the thing works. You get a great looking wreath, which tastes amazing.

Before baking
For the dough:
2 cups flour
A pinch of salt
½ cups warm milk
17 grams active dry yeast
1/8 cup butter, melted
1 egg yolk
1 table spoon sugar

For the filling:
¼ cup butter, melted
4 table spoons sugar
3 table spoons cinnamon

Combine the warm milk, yeast and sugar and set aside for five minutes or until it starts to make bubbles. In a separate bigger sized bowl combine flour, egg yolk, salt and the yeast. Knead the dough with your hands or use a mixer and shape it into a ball. Set aside for one hour. Now roll out the dough, not too thin and not too thick and brush it with the melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up the dough and use a sharp knife to cut it in half, length-wise. Twist the two halves together, keeping the open layers exposed. Give a round shape, then transfer to a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes on 200°C. 

5 comments:

  1. Such a simple dough but the end result is just gorgeous. Please bring this by my foodie friday party today. I think people will really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Diane. I just linked it to your party. Hope you have a great weekend,

      Maja

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful and unique - I LOVE it
    It really is Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maja,
    This looks delicious! I love homemade bread and cinnamon is my favorite flavor with bread. I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Thursday :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maja,
    This bread wreath looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!