Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chocolate Cherry Cake

It is summer time! I love summer, sun and those long evenings outside with friends and great food. And when I think of summer food, I think of cherries. Aren't they the ultimate summer fruit? So fresh and juicy and they always taste best when eaten straight from the cherry tree.



You need:
100 grams fine grind almonds
100 grams chocolate
180 grams sugar
125 grams flour
2 table spoons baking powder
200 grams butter, melted
1 tea spoon vanilla
1 table spoon cinnamon
4 eggs
250 grams stoneless, fresh cherries

First, melt the chocolate in a double boiler and set aside. Combine eggs and sugar in a big mixing bowl and mix until fluffy. Add almonds, the melted chocolate, butter, cinnamon, flour and baking powder. Mix well until combined. Pour the batter in a lined cake pan. Arrange the cherries on top and bake for 25 minutes on 190°C.

Pre-bake



7 comments:

  1. YUM! Would love to have you share it at our Ladies Only Blog Share link party - which has a summer theme this week! Visiting from Social Sunday! :)

    http://mommifried.com/ladies-only-blog-share-link-party-funtastical-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you on the Link Party! I also started a Baking Link-Up called #CakeFriday and would like to invite you to stop by. Have a wonderful Sunday! http://esskunst.org/?p=2257 Cheers Christine from esskunst

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you linked up to Ladies Only Blog Share with this. Chocolate and cherries go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks so good! I wish I could bake...I'm really bad. I'm going to pass your recipe on to my daughter...she's the baker in this house! Visiting from the Ladies Only Blog Share - thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're not that bad, Michelle! Thanks for stopping by.

      Best,
      Maja

      Delete
  5. This looks absolutely delicious! Thank your for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!