Friday, January 4, 2013

Gingerbread Men

Happy new year everyone! I hope you had a wonderful NY's Eve and are ready to make 2013 the best year so far.



I started this year with baking some Gingerbread Men. I love gingerbread and my sister required baking these gorgeous gals. You have to admit they look delicious. And they are. I love this recipe because the gingerbread comes out so soft and chewy and it's not too sweet.

The dough makes about 30 Gingerbread Men, depends on the size of the cookie cutter you use, so you get plenty of them ready to be eaten.

650 grams flour
3 eggs
250 grams butter
1 table spoon bicarbonate of soda
4 table spoons honey
250 grams icing sugar
1 table spoon cinnamon
1 tea spoon ground ginger

Knead the dough from above ingredients and set aside for an hour. The dough is very sticky, but don't worry it will get into shape once it rests for one hour. Roll the dough out, approximately 2 centimeters thick, and cut out with gingerbread men cookie cutters. Of course, you can cut it into any shape your heart desires  Bake for 10 minutes on 190°C. Remove from the oven and let the men cool  on baking rack. After that you can color them with colored icing sugar or leave them like that. I used  Dr. Oetker's Writing Icing and it works great.

4 comments:

  1. How cute are these little guys! Love them. I have pinned them to my Cookie Jar board. Thanks for sharing the recipe. New follower from Addicted to Recipes Hop.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I'm a new follower of your blog as well!
      Best,

      Delete

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!