Saturday, January 26, 2013

Broccoli Quiche

I am one of those people who really like vegetables. Seriously. As a kid I was uncertain about it, couldn't decide if I like veggies or not. Nowadays I really love almost any kind of vegetables (OK I really hate cauliflower), but broccoli is one of my favorites. My sis, who is really picky when it comes to food, ate this pie the other day and suggested I put it on the blog so it must be a good recipe. 
This pie requires little time and turns out perfect. You can make it in advance and store it in the fridge, which is great for any unannounced guests.




1 package puff pastry
1 cup broccoli florets
100 grams turkey ham, cut small
400 grams cheese wedges
3 eggs
125 ml milk
salt and pepper to taste
100 grams cheese of choice, grated

First roll the pastry out, so you get a round form for your pie dish. Put the pastry in the pie form and set aside. Wash the broccoli florets and put on the prepared pastry. Now add the cut turkey ham and set aside. Mix the cheese wedges with the eggs until smooth. Add salt and pepper and pour over the pie. Sprinkle the grated cheese (I used Gouda) on top and bake for 45 minutes on 190°C.

2 comments:

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!