Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cologne Diary No.1

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's August already. As you have noticed, I am not much around these days and I haven't posted anything for quite a long time. I will be in Cologne, Germany for the rest of August and that is why you won't see any new recipe until September. 


What you will see this month is my diary from Köln. And no, I won't write what I did every day (OK, sometimes because I have way too many pictures to show you), but I will show you what I eat every day. It is a culinary blog, of course.

For those of you who are wondering what the heck I am doing in Germany, I am doing a one month course on the Universität zu Köln, during which I will do some research and studies for my MA thesis.
From what I have seen so far (I came on Tuesday), Köln is beautiful and it feels like coming home.

So, let's come to the fun part. If you are in Köln, you have to drink a Kölsch. It's the traditional beer here and it tastes amazing. I am not a beer drinker, but this beer is just heavenly. It tastes sweet and refreshing.

I am the one on the left, in a black long sleeve.

This picture was taken at the official get together evening. We had a buffet with all sorts of food and you could grab whatever you want. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that there were no labels and I didn't know what to expect and what the ingredients were. My plate from left to right: a hearty cupcake with vegetables and ham, a chicken roll stuffed with pomelo and topped with capers, a sausage, mousse with dark and white chocolate topped with berries, a puff pastry cupcake with vanilla pudding and berries on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!